A few days ago, I was reading all the new posts from the blogs I follow and I saw that the lovely Alece from With Love & Veggies nominated me for The Liebster Award. It was so sweet, so thank you again. If you want to learn a bit more about me, see my answers to her awesome health questions, and who I nominate for this award, then keep reading!
Firstly, I want to urge you to check out With Love & Veggies! She shares easy but tasty vegan recipes. If you have little ones, she also shares what her plant-based kids eat. It’s a great little corner of the internet.
The Liebster Award asks nominees to shares eight facts about themselves, so get ready to learn about me.
- I started my blog nearly four months ago to the day. I actually wanted to have one for years, but I was too afraid to even try. Last December, I drummed up the courage and I wish I had started sooner!
- Outside of blogging, I’m also a college student. It keeps me pretty busy as I’m taking extra classes. A few days ago, I found out my plans will come fruition and I will graduate a year early! Needless to say, I’m excited.
- Currently, there isn’t much fashion on the blog, but I love it. I have some new fashion posts (and videos!) in the works, so stay tuned.
- I’ve been vegan for nearly nine months now and although, the first six months were a mixed bag, I’m very happy with my decision.
- All of my favorite jeans are from the boy’s section of secondhand stores. They have the perfect awkwardly cropped fit.
- Three years ago, I had a reaction to a moisturizer formulated for sensitive skin. It prompted me to look into ingredients and what I found made me switch to green beauty.
- I keep fairly seriously here, but in truth, I’m a big dork as demonstrated by my last post.
- I’m always trying to be a better person, whether it’s being healthier, happier, more sustainable or leading a more balanced life.
Questions from With Love & Veggies
What does health mean to you?
My health is the cornerstone of my life. When I’m in good health, everything I do is better and conversely, when I don’t prioritize it, every aspect of my life suffers. I’m a busy lady, who’s always trying to do as much as possible and to the best of my ability, so my health equals my sanity.
What are your health goals for 2017?
This year, I’ve been pushing myself to take it up a notch. My diet is pretty clean, but I want to incorporate a greater variety of fruits and vegetables and eat more raw food. In terms of fitness, I’ve been exercising for about six months now, but have yet to find a regular routine that works for me. I also want to really dedicate myself to practicing yoga. Not only it is great for strength and flexibility, but every time I leave my mat, I feel so much better! The mental clarity and peace it brings me is unlike anything else. Lastly, I want to move on from those last few conventional personal care/beauty products, like nail polish and tampons, and replace them with healthy versions. I’m always striving to be a healthier person and clearly, this is no different in 2017!
If you had to eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I feel like pasta would do the trick. I love noodles and seriously never tire of them. If I have it eat it forever, then I could change up the sauce and vegetables, so hopefully I wouldn’t get bored of it quite as quickly. That’s not cheating, is it?
Is there any food that you absolutely cannot stand?
I can’t get down with mushrooms. I do eat them on occasion, but they just kind of creep me out. I don’t know why. I’m trying to get over it because they are so many great looking recipes that call for them and I’m missing out.
What is your favorite fruit?
Bananas! Oddly enough, I never just eat a banana, but I’m always adding them to oatmeal, smoothies and everything in between. They’re versatile, cheap even when organic and delicious!
What is your favorite vegetable?
If a dish has zucchini in it, I’m there. It’s just so good and nothing else compares. If baked and breaded zucchini chips are present, I will eat all of them.
What was your favorite meal from your childhood, and do you still eat it now?
Keeping with the theme, I always loved when my mother would make zucchini bread. It was a treat we had only a couple of times a year, so that made it extra special. Not exactly a meal, but I suppose if you ate enough, it could be!
Is there any dish you would love to learn how to make, but haven’t yet attempted or mastered?
There are so many dishes that I would love to master. I just don’t tend to be very adventurous in the kitchen. I always find myself looking at amazing vegan desserts on Instagram and blogs. I’ve love to make a raw vegan cake because they look so beautiful and I wouldn’t exactly complain about eating it after the photos had been taken!
- The Clean Curl– green beauty
- Beets & Booze– vegan recipes
- My Good Emporium– ethical and sustainable style
- A Brit in Helsinki– vegan recipes
- b.good– ethical and sustainable lifestyle
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite blog post on your site?
- When you’re not blogging, what are you up to?
- Have you ever been working on a post and it went horribly wrong? What happened?
- What do you want to come from your blog?
- Is blogging different from what you thought it would be like?
- If you had to write about something else, what would it be?
- Is who you are online different from how you present yourself offline?
If you want to participate, then share a few facts about yourself, answer my questions and nominate other small bloggers that deserve the Liebster Award!
Thanks again to With Love & Veggies!