Sometime in July was my one year vegan anniversary. Hooray! Of course, it wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t share my thoughts on the last year with you. Also, for this week’s video, I decided to talk about ten weird things that happened when I went vegan. It’s a very vegan day.
Making this video was a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it. I’m curious to see if your experience was similar or totally different. Please leave your thoughts here!
Adopting veganism was the first major lifestyle change I’ve experienced and to no surprise, I learned a lot. Some silly things, some important things. Instead of a long rambling post, I’m making it short and sweet. Here’s 20 things I learned during my first year of veganism.
- I can’t live without bananas. I look like a crazy banana lady at the store buying three bunches at a time, but I don’t care.
- I can’t believe I never realized how disgusting meat, dairy, eggs and their industries are. Yuck.
- Unless I’m eating with someone else or at a restaurant, I don’t think about being vegan.
- With that being said, I am still very passionate about the cause.
- Quinoa is so much better than rice.
- You are what you eat and you can tell. Eat junk = feel like junk.
- Why didn’t I try falafel sooner? It’s the best.
- There isn’t a lot of vegan feminist dialogue and I wish there was.
- I love fruit way more than I thought.
- I’m now much more sensitive to violence and cruelty, even if it’s just in a movie.
- Vegan sour cream is bomb.
- Vegan tacos with vegan sour cream are also bomb.
- A lot of people really don’t make the connection between their “food” and where it comes from. It drives me crazy to see that, but I lived most of my life that way.
- B12 is important. I need to take it every day.
- I underestimated the chickpea my whole life.
- This is one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself.
- I still need to eat more raw veggies.
- I encourage everyone to at least try a plant based diet.
- I truly don’t miss anything.
- I don’t want to go back to my old lifestyle.
Again, please check out the video and my YouTube channel in general. As always, comments are welcome so leave them below!